Conferences are where artists meet in real life. A lot of work happens online so the chance to be face-to-face with a community can be incredible. However, just because it’s an industry event doesn’t mean it’s right for your business. Here are our tips for choosing the right conference to attend.
What is the conference about and why are you going? Ask yourself questions to break down the why:
Depending on your budget, some conferences are not right simply because the return doesn’t justify the cost.
Where to find events
A little bit of scoping goes a long way. Broaden your search with the following tips:
- Find your competitors’ upcoming events.
- Search for beauty expos, trade shows, and summits. They go by different names!
- Consider events from adjacent industries like social marketing and entrepreneurship.
Always keep an eye on growing your business. Narrow down the list by checking conferences against these final criteria:
- Is the location feasible? Be realistic about your budget and wants.
- Who is presenting? Is there a pro you’ve always wanted to meet?
- Who is attending? Speakers are just as important as who else you will meet there.
What’s on your conference calendar next year? Let us know in the comments!